Friday, July 29, 2005

Interject

Bet you were expecting the 2nd day of my trip to St. Louis eh? HA! I wrote most of that post, but didn't get a chance to finish it... and like most things, I've started a new project before finishing the last.

I went to my 2nd Kane County Cougars game tonight, and had to post my fresh thoughts (thought maybe not the clearest about now). This time sat in the Center field deck thanks to a nice vendor of ours. Can't pass up a free baseball game (er free food and beer). Good game, although very slow - Eddie Kim hit a 2 run homer to put the Cougars up by 1 in the 5th inning, but the bullpen couldn't contain the QC Swing. Reminds me of a local National League baseball team doesn't it? There were supposed to be fireworks, but after 10 innings of minor league baseball, fireworks weren't about to keep me from getting to my nice comfortable bed. It was Dontrelle Willis Bobble-Leg night... Yeah you read it right (picture to come later). We showed up too late to get a nice mint freebie, but I prayed that one of the 30 kids would leave one behind, just for me. Someone was listening to my prayers, because the 8th inning a family left a broken leg Dontrelle on the picnic table in front of us. Luckily with a little operation, Mr. Willis was back in shape to sit next to my Sosa Bobble-head and Fergie Jenkins autographed baseball. Whooo Hooo! Don't know if the Cougars won or lost the game, listened on the way home and it was in the 12th inning by the time we got home.

Waj

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And you call yourself a fan? Leaving early (shakes head)... I was sitting out on the deck and heard the fireworks; it was pretty late. Go Cougars!