Sunday, January 09, 2005

Happy New Year!

Can it really be a New Year and a new post? I have really been slacking lately, not really because of a lack of things to blog about, but because I wasn't in the blogging mood I guess. A lot of people have been updating their blogs lately, so I thought I would take time to put in a post also.

I have been out of a job for over a month now... Really strange feeling considering the last time I was unemployed it was when my wife finished college and we moved to the suburbs, less than 4 years ago. So I spend most of my days emailing resumes, talking to HR/recruiters, and web searching for the next "perfect job". I have seen many opportunities available, yet haven't been lucky. I did have an informal interview on Thursday that seemed like a good sign, small tech firm, very casual environment, almost too good to be true, and I've heard the saying, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is. I'm sure I'll find out soon.

Well that was just a quick update. I think I would like to put in backdated posts, the story of how I became unemployed, the Christmas and New Years gatherings, and date them when I should have posted them. I guess its kind of cheating, but it will make more chronological sense, instead of me telling all the stories in one complete boring post, that will take the readers (so many of them) way too long to read while they are working (or should be working)! Ha work. I can really talk.

Anyway, I finally got to use the Best Buy gift card that I received from my overly generous in-laws to get some really need tech stuff I've been wanting to get, but couldn't really afford. I also had the time to set them up too! Funny how I had planned to buy a few things and ended up with 2 bags of stuff (Damn you Best Buy and all your fancy gadgets!). DVD burner, 2 port KVM switch, flash drive, 4 port AV switchbox, CD-Rs, and DVD-Rs. the KVM switch opened up some much needed room on my PC desk, the AV switchbox is saving me precious gaming time (and energy) by not having to switch the AV inputs on the back of my TV whenever I need to change from the PS2 to the GameCube or Cable. It is so gratifying to make my "office" a little neater. So a big thanks to the P's for the gift card! Also a big thanks to my wife for understanding when I went a little over the gift card limit!

Anyway, check back for my future(past) posts when I get back into the BLOGGING mood.

Waj

No comments: